This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to app.joinhyphen.com (the Platform), make contact with other users on the Platform, link to the Platform, or interact with the Platform in any other way.
You must create an account to use the Platform (an Account). You confirm that all information provided to us in the creation of your Account is correct and to ensure that the information is accurate at all times.
You must be over the age of 18 to create an Account.
Once you have created an Account you will be able to access content on the Platform. The extent of your access will depend on the services purchased by your employer.
Credentials for your Account must be kept secure at all times. You may only create one Account. You are not allowed to transfer the Account to another person or to share data relating to your Account with any third parties. Should you suspect that your Account or your credentials have been or are being used by a third party you must contact us immediately.
You will not use the Platform:
- for any purpose other than for using the features Hyphen intentionally makes available to you;
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other form of solicitation;
- to post, transmit or submit any confidential or personal information (each as determined by Hyphen in its sole discretion) including but not limited to national ID, passport or alternate national identity numbers, health data, non-public phone numbers and non-public email addresses; or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- copy, download or distribute any part of the Platform in any form or medium without the prior written authorisation of Hyphen;
- alter, modify or make derivative works from any part of the Platform without the prior written authorisation of Hyphen;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any content through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Platform;
- impersonate or misrepresent any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- remove, modify, disable, block, obscure or otherwise impair any advertising in connection with the Platform.
We provide interactive services on the Platform.
Where we do provide an interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Platform, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Platform (a Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it. The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Hyphen will determine, in its sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
By adding Contributions to the Platform, you are aware that such Contributions might be shared with others. We are not liable for any loss of a Contribution and we advise you to always keep your own backup of your Contribution. We do not take any responsibility with regards to the validity of Contribution provided or created by you.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, insult, intimidate, humiliate, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- promote any illegal content or activity or sexually explicit material;
- promote violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be defamatory of any person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or be likely to deceive any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Hyphen, if this is not the case; or
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Breach of this policy
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Platform;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the Platform;
- issue of a warning to you;
- commence legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; and/or
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.